I saw this posted on a FaceBook wall with 127 shares and 90 likes.
It appears that this placard means something to a lot of folks. However, I am left with several questions of concern.
- Is the claim in this poster true according to the promises of God?
- Where is this supported in the Holy Scriptures?
- Can this be demonstrated anywhere in the Holy Bible?
- Are there qualifiers to this saying that would make this statement true for some and false for others?
- Does this really reveal God’s “Simple Plan” for my life?
- Does God ever say that His plan for our lives would be simple?
I have witnessed and read a lot of good sounding statements that imply Christian principles and divine truths but that are actually void of any truth or substantive spiritual value.
It appears that folks are ready to believe and embrace anything rather than believe and obey God’s ONE TRUE WAY of Salvation.
“For the time will come (and now is) when they will not endure sound doctrine; but wanting to have their ears tickled, they will accumulate for themselves teachers in accordance to their own desires, and will turn away their ears from the truth and will turn aside to myths.” (2 Timothy 4:3-4)
“…and with all the deception of wickedness for those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth so as to be saved. For this reason God will send upon them a deluding influence so that they will believe what is false, in order that they all may be judged who did not believe the truth, but took pleasure in wickedness. (2 Thessalonians 2:10-12)
If you are so inclined, please help to edify this most wretched of disciples. Please help me to understand the “Simple Plan of God” for my life. Perhaps you can teach me how God promises to take my unrepentant sinful choices, failures and mistakes and reward them by turning them into something good.