Before we go any further, let’s answer some questions.
- Do you consider yourself a Saint of Almighty God?
- Do you pray to the Father in the name of Jesus Christ (Yehowshua the Messiah)?
- Do you want to be known by God?
If you answered “yes” to all of these questions, then consider the following scripture where Jesus denies knowing those who thought that they knew Him and that He knew them:
“…I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness (wicked, perverse and licentious living)!” (Matthew 7:21-23)
Now here are a few more questions to help you determine if you are truly owning and acknowledging Christ before mankind.
- Do the people on your job or at your school know that you follow Christ?
- Do your friends and family members know that you follow Christ?
- Do the people you party with know that you are saved?
- Do the people you have sexual intercourse with know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit?
- Do the people you get high with know that you’ve been born-again?
- Are you acknowledging Christ in every area of your life?
The answers to these questions may reveal a lot about your true relationship with Christ as well as Christ’s relationship with you.
Undoubtedly there are countless ways in which we may deny Christ.
If you are only acknowledging God in the presence of other believers or when it is convenient, popular, comfortable or profitable, then Christ may be speaking of you when he says, “I never knew you.” (Matthew 7:23)
For Printer Friendly Version:
Copyright © Othealor W. Prince 2012
All Rights Reserved